Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Love My Makeover & Ladybug Math


I have to thank the creative geniuses at Honey Bunch Blog Design for the amazing new look!  Those ladies were quick, easy to work with and did everything!  All I did was tell them what I liked & didn't like & they did the rest.... Easy peasy!   I couldn't believe how affordable it was to have this done!
Not having luck adding a link to their site!  

Here are some fun math ideas!  
My all time favorite unit is...Bugs!  To start our unit we learned about ladybugs.  The kids made "TLC style" ladybugs in art center.  The next day we practiced addition by showing the addends using raisins.  

Then I gave them a card & they had to show the addition problem by working with a partner.  

We talked about communicative property... By accident!  But you gotta go with teachable moments, right?


Finally, I set them lose with cards & raisins & a recording sheet... Which I don't have a picture of.  
 
To display, they glued the ladybug to a leaf & wrote down their "favorite" problem & drew the dots.  
Then I put black playdoh, a ladybug mat & a recording sheet in the math center buckets with addition cards for additional practice.  I think the recording sheet came from www.makinglearningfun.com
Fun stuff!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie! I love those ladybugs! I just found your blog, I’m your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete